Tuesday, July 27, 2010

How I see it...

I have a hard time summing up what works for certain body types. So what I'm going to do is break things up into pieces.

*disclaimer*
I do not own this picture


Jessica Simpson dress edit

Kudos to Jess for embracing her curves! This dress has the potential to be cute and ultra flattering. Here's what needs to happen:

1) The black sash around the middle cuts her torso in half. If the sash were moved down to her waist it would elongate her torso. With her petite 5'3" frame, where it sits now, it makes her look stumpy

2) The length of the skirt needs to be shortened a few inches. Perhaps to her knee or just a bit above it. Because it's length is so far down her calf, it makes her legs look shorter. This all goes back to her having a petite frame....

3) Lastly, this doesn't bother me as much but it's something to consider:
the oval/bubble print fabric makes her large bust appear more roundy/busty. Kinda like, BAM! So perhaps a solid would minimize her bust.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I basically just said to get her a completely different dress, but perhaps now you can see something you may not have seen before? I don't know....
Questions? Clarifications? Please let me know what you think.

~Get your fashion on~
Jana Faith

p.s. I couldn't figure out how to appropriate word/spell busty/bustier/more busty. It made me laugh. Lover of all things English, what do you recommend on that?
p.p.s Being a 'petite, busty gal' is close to my heart ya'll.
p.p.p.s. I <3 Jessica Simpson. I am not bashing her at all. Love her style!

2 comments:

Habebi said...

Good points! It's not that her dress makes her look horrible or is horrible, it just doesn't make her look her best and highlight her attributes as well. I hope you post a lot more like these!

Julia Choquette said...

Love it! I'm not petite by any means but this did help, I'll do the opposite of what you said and maybe I'll look just a little shorter :)

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! I read them. I love them all.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Designs. Powered by Blogger.