Sunday, October 28, 2012

Halloweenie 7 Questions!

Happy 7 Questions! Halloween Edition! 

One of my teacher besties and I a couple Halloweens ago.... She was a ladybug (obviously) and I was Hello Kitty. (The obsession runs deep...)


1. Do you believe in ghosts?

I believe in the power of the Holy Spirit, which is a whole different topic.....

  • Jesus answered, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. - John 3:5 
  •  "I baptize you with water for repentance, but he who is coming after me is mightier than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire. - Matthew 3:11
  •  "If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!” - Luke 11:13

And I believe there are things that are ghostly but I don't wanna mess with those. Creeeeeeepy!

2. Do you prefer the cute or the scary Halloween?

*laughter* I'm a bit of an oxymoron when it comes to Halloween. My natural inclination is towards the cute Halloween stuff. I grew up doing only cutesy tootsy Halloween. I wasn't allowed to dress as anything scary.  As an adult, I took on the responsibility of decorating/creating/working in the Spook House at school. So - I now do both cute and scary. When we have a kid, I'm making sure that kid does CUTE Halloween. I would not, not, NOT let my kid come in the haunted house. No-sir-ee-bob!

Scary

Cute
039

3. How old were you when you stopped trick or treating?

I don't remember. Maybe 6th grade? I can tell you about my troubles with  Santa, the Tooth Fairy, and the Easter Bunny.... I remember that... but stop Trick or Treating??? I don't know. 
 
4. Do you have any fun Halloween traditions?

Hmmm....not officially yet. I mean, the last 5 years I've worked the Spook House at school and that feels sort of like a tradition. My husband and I carved pumpkins last year, but we haven't this year. I hope to make some traditions as we go along.
Batman Pumpkin


5. Share a scary local urban legend.

Shoot.... Cry Baby Bridge. Apparently they're all over the country but it spooked us when we were kids. We used to stand in the bathroom at school and say, "Bloody Mary" three times, but nothing happened. And then at recess when I was 8 we used to play, "Light as a feather, stiff as a board." Across the street from our school there was the original, one-room school house. We made up plenty of ghosts stories, I just don't remember the details.

6. Would you rather be haunted or haunting?
How about NEITHA! I 'haunt' the spook house at school and that's good enough for me. I always feel bad though because at least once a year I make a kid cry in the spook house. Sorry, little children. I don't mean to make you cry.

Liberty Spook Crew 2011
7. What's your favorite Halloween character/ creature? (dracula, witch, ghost, etc)
Can't we all just be happy little things, like Hello Kitty and Diction-Fairies?  I enjoy watching Vincent Price movies at Halloween. So, like .... Edgar Allen Poe type stuff is creepy enough for just once a year. How about Edward Scissorhands? He's fun, too.


Photobucket

8 comments:

Sheena Rae said...

I never dress up on Halloween, but I always want to! My husband just isn't into it and he normally helps scare his boss's kids, so we don't do anything fun.

Jana Faith said...

Awww, dang. That's a bummer. Pester him until he lets you have a party, maybe? At the very least, get a bag of candy and watch some Vincent Price movies??? I hope you get to celebrate a little this year.

Unknown said...

ah I love your costumes, especially the straight jacket. I think it would be so hilarious to dress like that every day in hopes someone knocks at the door and i get to answer :)

Unknown said...

A) I'm so glad you know what Cry Baby Bridge is, cause I've tried to tell my friends the legend and they're usually like "uh what are you talking about?!"
B) that is hilarious that you make a kid cry every year! Hilarious only because I can't imagine it! You're so sweet even dressed up as a crazy person.
C) On the other hand, all those other people in the spook house pic are TOTALLY SCARY and I don't even think I would go through that spook house.

Renée said...

You have had some awesome costumes!! Weirdly enough, we have a local "cry baby bridge". Weird.

Katherine said...

I'm it a big Halloween person, scary or cute, but I lovveeee your hello kitty costume nonetheless!


Oh and remixed on my blog just means. Have styled it on the blog before its a good way to show I don't wear new things everytime and note that you can find it I earlier posts. :d

Modern Camelot said...

We def had a bridge like that...it was called Bunnymans Bridge...terrifying!

Jana Faith said...

Thank you! And I had an inkling that might be what it meant, but I'm glad to know for sure. Thanks for sharing! :o)

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! I read them. I love them all.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Designs. Powered by Blogger.