Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Can't never could do anything or Quittin's for sissies!

I hate to be a band-wagon jumper - but it's happening. Like everyone else on the planet I've made a bit of a resolution. I don't want to be the girl who has the messy house anymore. And ya'll, I'm working. I made a healthy dent in the collection called my wardrobe. After getting rid of over 27 items during the Christmas Break - I still don't have enough hangers or room in my drawers. I also chose 10 things to donate in the living room tonight. Plus- January's not over, yet I'm fighting the urge to... quit. There. I said it. It'd be so much easier to be lazy. 

 716_zps67eeac43
(My niece and I  went thrifting last week - so expect to see my 3 shirts and 1 pair of shoes I thrifted soon!)

How do people become domestic? Some of the adjectives that others have used to describe me lately have not been my favorite. They didn't say it to be hurtful. Probably didn't even know it got under my skin... but it happened nonetheless. People, I do want to be a Proverbs 31 type gal. Know what else? That does NOT come natural. 

Wool is itchy and flax seed tastes like sandpaper (v 13) She gets up while it is still night (v15)? Geez, I don't do mornings. Lord, you know my best time is probably like.... 10 a.m. That's pretty much the opposite of night. Planting a vineyard (v16)? Um, hi. I kill houseplants. A vineyard probably wouldn't fare well in my care. Also-my arms haven't been "strong" since my Color Guard days in high school. So- that scrubbing situation may take more elbow grease than I've got (v 17). As far as scarlet clothing goes (v21), well red is lacking in my attire. I maybe have 3 red items. Dang. Yeah, and that quilt aka 'covering' (v 22) on my bed? Girl don't sew. I bought that thing on Overstock.com 5 years ago. Hey, and remember how I'm a worrier? I don't do a whole lot of 'laughing' at the days to come (v25). I tend to lean towards worrying.

I'm probably being way too literal with all of this. Maybe it made you laugh, giggle, or the very least, smile. Thankfully- there's grace Lastly, the best part is - I have time to get it together and a Savior to help me get it right. 

Do tell- how go your resolutions? Have any tips? Just wanna commiserate that urge to quit too? We just can't actually let each other quit...

28) Her children arise and call her blessed;
    her husband also, and he praises her:   
29) Many women do noble things,
    but you surpass them all.   
30) Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting;
    but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised. 
31) Honor her for all that her hands have done,
    and let her works bring her praise at the city gate.

Get your fashion on- - - 
Photobucket

4 comments:

Pitter and Glink said...

I'm glad I'm not the only person who always has a messy house. I just don't have time to do EVERYTHING, and cleaning's my least favorite, so it falls to the wayside. Ugh. I do try, though...

Jana Faith said...

It does take the pressure off when I know there are others out there. Ya know? And cleaning is a beast. My mom told me I've NEVER liked/wanted to clean. Doesn't surprise me. Anyway I wish you luck!

Jess said...

haha Well being that I am a clean freak I don't have to deal with messy houses I just have to deal with the stress that comes with other people leaving messes.

I love Proverbs 31 and I'll always be striving towards it. I do not have any resolutions though...I should probably sit down and think up some good'uns.

Jana Faith said...

Oh how I wish so immensely I could just have someone who was a clean freak take over the house crap for me! lol

That resolutions situation is always a toughy. And I so far suck at keeping up with my resolution. Thanks for stopping by!

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! I read them. I love them all.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Designs. Powered by Blogger.