Thursday, January 17, 2013

Thrifty Thursday

As you know, I enjoy thrifting. And today you'll see - it's a familial trait. My niece says she started thrifting again after reading this post. Naturally, we knew we'd be great thrifters together and we got to spend some quality time together.

AlyseandJana2
We started the day off at her tidy, cutely decorated apartment.

AlyseandJana
We took the always popular "car shot"

Thrifted the afternoon away and I found these lovely treasures...GreenVintageThrift


This vintage, plaid shirt is my FAVORITE find of the day. Can't wait to pair it with shorts this summer!
VintagePlaidThrift

BurgundyCottonTop

ThriftedLoafers

All my thrift finds totaled under $25.
(Not pictured is a book for my classroom)
 BONUS tip for thrifting:
We both wore leggings with a longish shirt because it makes it easier for trying on items in the dressing room.



After an afternoon of thrifting, we headed to a local cupcake eatery, Cupcakes to Go Go. Alyse is a HUGE fan of cupcakes, and really, what girl in her right mind isn't? 

Hello, delicious cupcake. I really enjoyed this icing. Nom.
CupcakestoGoGo2


Clearly we're related because we're both a couple of hams. Sidenote: How much do you loooove the orange and pink color scheme here?! So stinkin' cute! Also, sorry to use disgusting manners and show you my food, but oh well, right? ;o)
CupcakestoGoGo

Get your fashion on!
Photobucket

5 comments:

Jess said...

aww cute! That looks like so much fun! I think that plaid shirt is my favorite. :)

Jess - J's Style
fancypants514.blogspot.com

Lisa - respect the shoes said...

I have the most awful luck with thrifting - those loafers are so fun!

Renée said...

Awesome finds!!!
looks like a blast!

andrea m. said...

thrifting is always so fun! what cute flats you found, love them.

andrea brionne
@thedailyeverythings.blogspot.com

Caitlin Cavallaro said...

Love the burgundy shirt you scored! Good finds!

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! I read them. I love them all.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Designs. Powered by Blogger.