Thursday, February 28, 2013

Don't try to tell me what to say...


So here's something...

I've always been a fan of the dry, sarcastic, tough, bad-a girl in tv and movies. For some random unknown reason- she's the girl I always chose as my character in movies. I identify with the outcasts. Andie in Pretty in Pink. Sloane (Kat Dennings) in Raise your Voice. Maybe it's because they're "brooding artists". Let's be serious for a minute. I'm not brooding. I'm not sarcastic. I'm not grumpy. I'm the farthest thing from being tough. I'm a big old softy mc-softerson. Why do I love the sarcastic people? Perhaps it's because I'm the opposite and it's a quality I wish I had... moving on.


And... the fabricated Avril Lavigne. The Avril from Let Go and Under My Skin. After that... it was a fast downhill battle. For shame for shame. What is with that "Didn't steal your boyfriend" nonsense?
  photo e70da924-aabf-40c5-a492-d7b99e6c76a7_zps9a188a44.jpg

 photo 0e5994a1-ecd8-4066-b564-fae9390f8b60_zpsf956c6fb.jpg

These are pages from my quasi journal from 2003-2006. As you can see, I was slightly obsessed. I went through a punk-rawk phase. I was all about wearing black and wrist bands. And truth be told - Sk8er boi will always remind me of my husband...

Get Your Fashion On, Jana Faith

4 comments:

Ashley @TheCreamToMyCoffee said...

Haha - I love your journal! Isn't it funny the people we choose to identify with? When my secret dream was to be an actress, I always wanted to play the high-maintenance, over-the-top, drama queens. I guess maybe because it was so far from my actual personality?

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Jess said...

Hahaha ewwww! Just kidding I think we all had that Avril Lavigne phase. I also like tough, sarcastic women who pave their own ways. =]

Heather said...

oh Ducky..... gotta love that movie :)

XO
Pearls & Paws

Adrienne said...

Ducky, Ducky, Ducky...

He tugged at my heart strings ;)

I was all about Andie as well! I loved her quirky fashion and that she IS sarcastic!
I may act like she does towards Ducky to my husband... ;) Maybe that means I have my very own Ducky? :D

But other than that I'm as sweet as pie. Sounds like YOU! :D

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! I read them. I love them all.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Designs. Powered by Blogger.