Wednesday, July 31, 2013

DIY T-Shirt Upcycle



One time I bought the wrong kind of shirt for an iron on and then had a shirt that was 'useless'. Until now!

 photo DIYPaintShirt_zps4846ee2e.jpg

Inspired by the world of Pinterest

(source)

(source)

First, I used a white opaque paint pen (available at your local craft store or Walmart). Then, I used a regular needle and thread to embroider around the pocket of the shirt. I used lots of different colors because that seems more appropriate for my own little Pocket Full of Sunshine.

Then I used 3 different sizes of paint brush and multiple bottles of acrylic paint to do a random, layered design at the bottom corner to balance out the pocket. I sort of drippled the yellow on to finish it off. Easy peasy!

Also noteworthy: I washed the shirt on the gentle cycle before I wore it and I didn't use any type of setting agent.

 photo 014_zpsd1797d80.jpg

 photo 018_zps69456333.jpg
Outfit Details
Shirt: DIY
Skirt: Walmart 2013
Moccasins: Gifted
Necklace: eBay (for less than $10) You can find one similar by clicking the link.

 photo 023_zps34bf2888.jpg


 photo 028_zpsa50ab1da.jpg

 photo c1ad0cf9-7fc4-4107-b09e-73c76b4108f3_zpsaa39b85c.jpg

"In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven." Matthew 5:16

Get Your Fashion On, Jana Faith

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the pocket full of sunshine :) that just made my day!

Admin said...

Great ideas! I'm happy to find many good points here in your post. Writing is simply great! Thank you for the post.
happy anniversary images

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! I read them. I love them all.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Designs. Powered by Blogger.